Cleveland School Remembers/Brady groups works to reduce violence and to bring about awareness of the impact of gun violence on the community. CSR/Brady is working with local and national groups to facilitate a reduction in violence. We do this through:
- Outreach activities which engage children and families in conversations about neighborhood violence (Healthy Kids’ Day, Earth Day, and other events (city-wide)
- Networking & planning with other groups
- Being vocal about legislation for common sense gun laws, within our state and nationally.
We support programs and legislation that:
- Increase public safety
- Empower youth
- Provide anti-violence awareness
- Support sensible gun laws
Cleveland School Remembers/Brady was founded by a group of teachers who survived the Cleveland Elementary School shooting in 1989. Read more about the first school shooting..
The National Brady Campaign
A Sobering Reality Check: