The 2017 Art Against Violence Art Exhibit –“Our Anguish, Our Resolve” will be held March 1 through April 2, 2017 a the Plants and Flowers Building – San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
Some of the Key FREE Special Events will be:
- Artists’ Reception – on Sunday, March 5 from 3 – 5 p.m.
- Spoken Word Event – on Saturday, March 18 from 3 – 5 p.m
- An Afternoon of Music and Dance Sunday, April 2 from 3 – 5 p.m.
The purpose of the event is to initiate conversations on violence that lead to action. Artists will provide pieces to explore and comment on:
- How violence tears us apart – internally, in families and in other groups, and in our community.
- How we change a culture of violence to one of communication and tolerance
—- Artist applications deadline is February 10, 2017
— Completed art is due Feb. 24, 2017
—- You can click here…….ARTIST APPLICATIONS.. to complete the Entry Form and pay the entry fee by credit card online for the “Our Anguish, Our Resolve” – 2017 Art Against Violence exhibit. Note: Artist applications are due by February 1, 2017 !!!
Spoken Word Artists:
Entry Deadline: February 1, 2017
Spoken Word Event: March 18, 2017 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Please complete the following application, and email to DrawItOutStockton@gmail.com: